+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend fishing, or not

Default Weekend fishing, or not

Hello all, I promised a report last week on my weekend fishing the Tongariro river. Well it was a disaster, firstly my new car broke down half way there, obviously in the middle of nowhereville, so Friday was a wasted day. The mechanics gave me a lone car so we could at least go fishing. I have only had my nice new Mercedes for 5 days and the gearbox is totaly stuffed.
    Then the fishing was best described as very hard, most of the dozen or so anglers from the club found it very hard going. I did however manage one rainbow of about 4lb so it was not all bad.
    I should get my car back in about a week so I will not be fishing again for at least 2 weeks, Bummer!
    Anyhow at least we got to go fishing.
    All the best.
    Mike.

Why am I having trouble feeling sorry for a guy with a new Mercedes?

Or feeling sorry for a guy with a New Mercedes AND fishing New Zealand. Hard to feel sorry for that scenario.

Mark

Hi Mike,
    Bummer on the problems. Nothing more frustrating than getting a new car and having it drop dead on you. And, I had heard the fishing in the Tongariro has been tough, so it sounds like the whisphers were true. It's been a few months since I've been down that way, and it was tough going then as well.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Jeff, yes it is quite hard but there are a few in there to be caught! as for the other guys, Yes I know its a hard life living and fishing in N.Z. but hey someone has to do it! ( oh yes I should be clearer in my posts, the Merc is new to me, not brand new).

Default !

keep those NewZealand reports coming Mike. I enjy them. Have fun!

One of my sons in Oregon bought a brand new 06 Dodge Ram pickup about 4 months ago. One week into driving the truck, the transmission went out. It was hauled to the dealer. The dealer said they would "repair it" My son said, no, you will replace the truck.....Lemon Law in affect. He got to pick out another truck at no additional cost.. So far so good.
    Of course some poor soul has the Lemon Truck and we can only feel sorry for him or her.

I love these car stories. I know, it's a guy thing, but I still enjoy them.

My dad bought a new car when I was in high-school, and asked me to drive it up to 'his' favorite gas station and get gas. The car was about a week old.

The service guy at the station checked the oil and the water (they always did in the old days) and when he pulled his finger out of the radiator, oil was dripping off it.

He called my dad, dad called the car dealership. The OWNER of the dealership showed up shortly to drive me home; a brand new car was delivered to our home a couple of hours later.

Those were the good old days.

+ Reply to Thread