+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new fly pole!!!!

Default new fly pole!!!!

i only had about $110 to spend on a new fly rod, so i went to a local fly shop, and asked the guy if he could help my find a 5 wt. fly rod blank for about $100. so he said he has a special the only down side is its a 4 piece, and there is no warrinty. but i still liked it and decided to buy it. its a loomis GL2 i got it built, and tested it out today and loved it. it was everything i was looking for. i like that it can cast drys, and also cast streamers and still be in control.

whoopee

Default new build

Fishy, way too go. You do realize this is just the start? I stated with a 662wt, moved on to tea sticks, refinished one and am noe working on my second. There is also a fiberglass waiting in the wings, oh and the other boo Im gonna turn into a banty. See, it just grows! Keep us posted on the next one.

Default Re: new build

Quote Originally Posted by clyde holmes
    Fishy, way too go. You do realize this is just the start? I stated with a 662wt, moved on to tea sticks, refinished one and am noe working on my second. There is also a fiberglass waiting in the wings, oh and the other boo Im gonna turn into a banty. See, it just grows! Keep us posted on the next one.
    Go for the Glass. I have a Lamiglas 7' 4wt. the ol' man built for me and I am in so much love with this.

Tell me how you like your banty, not hearing real favorable things about them. Wrong taper or other problems seem to fall into play.
    I have an old (pool stick LOL) boo of my grandfather's that is all out of alignment and not sure it could or it is worth fixing.

Way to go!!

With your tone of excitement, I'm sure your quiver will grow and grow and grow....

Default new pole

Craig, See what I mean? Theres a lot of good people on here willing to help a new guy get deeper and deeper etc LOL

+ Reply to Thread