+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will you arrive for the Michigan Fish-In

Cheese, we're not getting there until Tuesday afternoon. I hope you guys leave some fish for us

I'll be in Grayling from August 2 through August 12......I didn't find this website until I had already made plans to go see the inlaws for vacation, who just happen to live in Grayling, so I won't make the fish-in this year. But, I'm planning on meeting up with Jack and anybody else that arrives early!

Regards,
    Doug

max,

I will be getting there on august 9th or early on the 10th to fish with jack. Maybe we all will get a chance to fish together.

wireguy

Marco,

I would plan on 6 to 7 hours depending on traffic (also factor in a timezone change) I live in the South Loop and can make it in 5 hours...but the expressway construction becomes the x-factor...in addition to IL you can also expect some in the Benton Harbor/South Haven area as well as Grand Rapids...been doing the drive alot lately and at times hasn't been pleasent...

Good luck
    thirdyearflyfisher.com

The plan is to arrive around midday on the 16th and stay until the 20th. Hoping to make it time for the casting demo and instruction, I need all the help I can get.

Default Probably Monday

I was thinking of getting there sometime on Monday, borrowing a piece of ground in someone's campsite for a night and then moving to the lodge on Tuesday. I'll leave for home on the 20th. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Default Arriving !

Brookid,
    Thank You for the information, it is appreciated. Too bad there's no ferry from Chicago to across the lake.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wireguy
    max,

I will be getting there on august 9th or early on the 10th to fish with jack. Maybe we all will get a chance to fish together.

wireguy
    Wireguy,

Cool! I'll look forward to meeting up with you two for some fishing. Maybe I'll be able to get the two of you to critique my distance casting skills, I need all the help I can get, .......maybe have a warm-up for the distance casting competition the following week. I'll plan on bringing my 3 fast action 5 weights....Sage TCR, G Loomis GLX Max Line Speed, and the TFO TiCrX, in case somebody wants to give them a try.

Regards,
    Doug

Marco,
    There is a ferry. When we were still in Chicago area a bunch of the married couples from our church did the trip one weekend. Do a Google search on "lake michigan ferry". I did and came up with 2 different companies. As I remember, it was about a 4 hour trip across.
    Any way you go, have fun.
    Mike

Unfortunately, they both start in Wisconsin, so you need to factor in that driving time as well.

mgreeti,
    That ferry is way up North from us in Wisconsin. Somewhere near Manitowoc (sp) and goes to Ludington . It's a nice trip but WAYouttatheway.
    But, thanks for the reply.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread