I must admit I love this site, I have been browsing it for most of this year picking up new stuff. I have been fishing since I was 6 with my father, casting worms and eggs at hatchery fish at Jacksons trout farm, where you pay by the pound.

We took trips to Island Park, Macky Resivor, Willow Creek and fished our homewaters of the SnakeRiver and Springfield lake between irrigating. The funnest thing we did was fish the artesian springs that fed Springfield lake.

Fishing was the only thing my father and I did, besides farmwork, he passed on when I was 23, since then I fished mostly to remember, but I was never very good at bait fishing. I was skunked more times than I care to mention.

I was introduced to fly fishing by a friend and was intrigued by what he called a nymph. I never knew the bugs on top of the water grew up in the water. Then my first real experience flyfishing was on the SouthFork of the Boise River, a vendor from work took me, I caught Trout and Whitefish with nymphs and drys it was liberating.

Finally I could understand what was going on in the water and why fish were doing what they do, well sort of.
Now I have been flyfishing for almost a year and tying since christmas, I am hooked.

I picked UnderdaFilm for two reasons.
1. I fell into the water my first trip fly fishing and my first trip steelheading.
2. The flies on top of the water start out under the film. Those funny Nymphs.

I am now intrigued by English fly fishing, we have a good hatch of crane flies on the Boise South fork

So if you have seen my jumping into posts without knowing who I am Howdy from Idaho

Sheldon

How could I have fished most of my life and still be a Newbi