Got my anchor system set up on Friday, went to the lake on Saturday and it worked GREAT!

I used a pair of adjustable 5 lb. ankle weights each tied to 50' of 1/4" rope and hooked to each of my yak carry handles with a carabiner. A 5" cleat centered with the cockpit opening allows me to tie them. The ankle weights ($16 at the sporting goods store) can be adjusted by unzipping the pouch and removing individually sealed, 1 lb plastic bags of shot. I don't need the adjustment feature but I thought the sealed plastic bags were a good deal.

I happened to be on the lake when a bass tournament was under way, the wake from the power boats was fairly regular, but the anchor system never failed to keep me in one place. I fished a total of 3 hours and only had to use the paddle to set myself in position or move to more promising water.

I hit a pocket of green sunfish the others couldn't get to (about 2 ft of water) and was catching on nearly every cast. Size varied between 2 and 8". There were two fella's who came up along the shoreline with their baitslingers and they started searching for bass near there. I kept hearing a hissing sound near where they were and wondered if they hadn't scared up a racoon, but the hissing continued, SSsssst..., then silence... SSsssst..., then silence...
After a bit I stopped fishing and sat very still to see where the noise was coming from. SSsssst..., It was the baitslingers rig flying through the air!

I almost laughed loud enough for them to hear me.

P.S. They didn't catch anything... SSssst..., then silence... and then there were none.