+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hodgman waders??

Default hodgman waders??

Howdy;
    I am thinking of getting a pair of Hodgman waders,I would appreciate some info on their waders. etc, how have they held up for you, how many days you get before they leak (since it seems sooner or later all breathable waders leak)
    Thanks Much

I bought a pair of Hodgman Wadelites a few years back. They leaked right away. I returned them for another pair...they leaked too. I returned them for yet a third pair...and they leaked after I wore them a few times. I'll never buy another pair of Hodgman waders.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

I bought a pair of the H Wadelite waders this week. Fished ALL DAY Tuesday in them. They never leaked. I don't know their longevity, but for the $100 that I spent, I was satisfied.

Sooner or later ALL waders leak. The advantage to beathables is just that, they breath. Make them much more adaptable to weather conditions (layer up in the winter and lighten the layers in the summer). Nothing worse that hitting mid day in neoprenes and felling the sweat running down your legs! I'v used Orvis Clearwaters
    [url=http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?dir%5Fid=758&group%5Fid=777&cat %5Fid=5593&subcat%5Fid=7310&pf%5Fid=60L3:27a4e]http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?dir%5Fid=758&group%5Fid=777&cat %5Fid=5593&subcat%5Fid=7310&pf%5Fid=60L3[/url:27a4e]

for awhile and while I have had NO problems, I know that Orvis will take care of me when I do.

My 2 cents

------------------
    "Dad can we go fishing?"

"Yes. Of course we can."

Say yes, always say yes.

Bought a pair of Hodgeman waist-highs last summer, and have used them a lot since. No leaking problems yet. I have been very happy with them.
    CJ

------------------
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

I had a pair that seemed to leak prematurely. I switched to a LL Bean Emerger and they have lasted. They are now on their 3rd year with no leaks.

jed

"Sooner or later ALL waders leak", your kidding right? I wear Simms goretex. I have 3 pairs dating back over 10 years, they have never leaked a drop. Good high qualioty waders do not and will not leak. I also have a beat-up 15 year old pair of Simm's neoprene's I wear in the salt, they are tattered from barnicle's and sun-faded yet they have never leaked a drop. Buy good waders, they will not leak and they will last.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

I have Hodgman Wadelite stocking foot hippers and this will be my 3rd season with them. I fish a lot of small streams that allow me to get away with hip boots so they get used more than my waist high and chest waders combined.

So far they have performed excellent, no leaks except when I go in too deep.

My experience matches that of Silver Mallard's. Both my wife and I went throuh 2 pair of new Hodgeman's, and both leaked after one or two times on the water Never again.
    Crackleback

Just got a new pair of silver label 2 orvis waders they are wonderful. They are really comfortable and have left and right feet. A real good pair of waders for 189 bucks. They also have a good guarantee.

+ Reply to Thread