Apparently I missed this before, but that worked out alright because I got to read every post till now!
My name is Erik, and I hail from one of the great canoeing states in this country.
I started canoeing as a kid, more than 20 years ago, but my love affair with canoeing began in the BWCA. Since going off to college and now, ten years later, I somehow fell into a recreation degree which, thankfully, encourages recreation.
I will never turn down a kayak, but am primary a single blade paddler and an ACA Canoe Instructor. For the last 5 years or so, I have led teenagers on BWCA trips for 8 days every summer. I have had great opportunities to paddle Seligas, Chestnuts and Old Towns and find nothing better than a canvas boat.
I am a traditionalist when it comes to boats, but am in the process now of purchasing a Royalex Bell for tripping.
My most memorable place to paddle beyond the BW was Byron Bay Australia, where dolphins were swimming in and out of our kayaks.
I can see there is a lot of experience here, and I want to say thanks for the wealth of knowledge on this forum.
-Erik