Hi-

If you haven't ever fly fished for shad, then you're missing out in a major way. Shad fight as hard as anything if fresh water. Most of the flies are fun and easy to tie.

I have never been in a swap but am very interested. It just seems like i am often too late to sign up. Since this if my first, i may need some guidance.

Anyway, my idea is to have a Shad fly swap, as in flies to use to catch American Shad. I would like to keep things on the lighter side (maybe less than 1/8oz), but just tie what you like.

Swap is for 10 people. Straight forward everyone ties 9 of their pattern, and in return gets one each of everyone elses flies. First come first served.

Lets make a sign up deadline of saturday, june 10.

Submission deadline June 25, but the sooner the better.

Please everyone send your flies in an envelope and box big enough And strong enough to hold the flies you will be getting back. Also please enclose a self addressed envelope with return postage To send them back to you. I will be shipping first class mail uninsured unless you request otherwise. Please toe tag your flies with the name Of the fly and your name and email addy.

Everyone should tie whatever they like best for shad, as long as nobody else is already tying it. Please post the fly you will be tying.

---------Tiers so far-----------

me - yellow bh wolly worm -- done
bassman - white clouser -- received
bjanzen - the Shad Dart -- received
krad1 - ice chenille wooly bugger.
lee s - mono bugs -- received
Danny Gober - orvis shad dart -- received

send flies to me at:

Rob Creamer
910 Greenfield Rd.
Leyden, MA 01337

Let me know what you think / if you are interseted.

------------------
-RC

Nothing is more amusing to the heathen than the sight of his missionary rapidly growing demented through the futile practice of his own dogmas.

[This message has been edited by RCream (edited 11 June 2006).]

[This message has been edited by RCream (edited 12 July 2006).]

[This message has been edited by RCream (edited 14 July 2006).]