**** Swap is Closed ****

Seems to be alot of interest in the embroidery yarns from several on the Board. Why not have a swap for this material; seems some have a tough time finding it and others have gotten some real bargains. Each spool has 200 yards ... I don't think I'd use that much in 10 years so why not share it with others.

Let's have 8 swappers including myself. Each swapper would put together together a 5 yard spool/bobbin/bag of embroidery yarn. Each swapper would submit 2 different colors. Post the colors your'e submitting so we don't duplicate. This will give us all some different colors that we might not have.

This will be a relatively easy swap. Sign up deadline is April 18. Yarn is due May 13. Please send yarn in SASE with return shipping, and label to color code of each yarn.

I'll be submitting the colors chocolate fudge (dark brown) and ripe avocado (olive).
After this swap started, someone asked me if it could be a yarn swap AND a pattern swap. It's a great idea and I wish I would have thought of it sooner. Sooooooooo, this will strictly be voluntary .... if you would also like to submit patterns with your yarn please do so. You can submit one or two, your choice. Please don't feel like you have to tie some flies to participate in the swap. You can swap embroidery yarn, or, embroidery yarn and 1 or 2 flies. Please don't feel like you have to tie anything. The allure of this swap initially was the simplicity of simply bagging some yarn and sending it. However, a fly pattern along with the yarn also sounds appealing.
* I'll be sending everyone an olive hares ear nymph made from the embroidery yarn.
Thanks,
Greg

gqualls: chocolate fudge, ripe avocado: RCVD
ol' blue: pale peach, tan : RECEIVED
thwack: school bus yellow, carmel: RECEIVED
Jack Hise: true yellow, black
billknepp: RECEIVED
Old Frat: Dee Lite Red, Med.Dark Olive: RCVD

[This message has been edited by gqualls (edited 08 April 2006).]

[This message has been edited by gqualls (edited 10 April 2006).]

[This message has been edited by gqualls (edited 18 April 2006).]

[This message has been edited by gqualls (edited 19 April 2006).]