+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: bluegill swap #2

I did all of the distributing and repackaging last night. I will mail the flies out today. Thanks everyone! We have a great bunch of bluegill flies.

White43, I remembered to hold yours back until the crawfish swap is completed as well.

Hey, atomic_dog! How do you think your jitterbee tied in yellow and black would perform using the yellow and black banded sili-legs that I used on my stone variation? Do you think it would do ok or would your straight black be preferred? Just thinking out loud a bit...

I've tied them with the banded rubber legs and had good luck with them. I've also used chartreuse and olive chenille with success. I think these flies are great for experimenting with colors, etc.

Oh, and my favorite way to fish these on my favorite spiney ray lake is to use the jitterbee as a dropper below a crappie candy. (Al Campbell's recipe is on this site somewhere.) Double catches of bluegill, crappie and bass are common. My wife has also outfished me using the jitterbee under a casting bubble with a spinnng rod.

Flies arrived at my locations safe and sound. Thanks everyone for the nice stuff. Special thanks to OB of being the "swapmiester" and taking care of all the leg work. Now to go find the three weight...

------------------
    Joe B
    SW Ohio

"I grew up in PA, I work in Ohio. My heart still belongs to PA."
    Joe Bertolini

The flies arrived today just in time for me to take them for a spin in the lake out back. I picked up one very nice Blue Gill and a 14-15 inch bass in about an hour. Nice patterns and very nice work everyone.

Thanks for running the swap.

Jim Smith

Blog Entries

Bugs came to Iowa. Thanks Ol'Blue. Great looking flies guys..g
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Flies arrived on Cape Cod this afternoon. Great looking flies everyone! Can't wait for this darn snow to melt and the ponds to warm up so I can get out there and wallop some 'gills with 'em. Thanks to you all, and especially to the swapmeister; Ol' Blue, job well done! Tight lines, Alec

Ol' Blue,

i got my flies today and they look great. Everyone did a great job; can't wait to wet a line. Thanks for hosting the swap.
    Greg Qualls

Mine arrived yesterday. Great job everyone. The 'gills are gonna pay! Thanks again ol' blue.

Flies arrived in the mail yesterday. Great bunch. Thanks everybody and to Ol Blue for hosting.

Tim Anderson

+ Reply to Thread