Okay, here's an original idea for a swap:

I know I'm not the only angler to receive LL Bean's Spring Fishing catalogue. If you open it to page 42, you'll see a nice selection of terrestrials and nymphs from Umpqua.

These flies are nice, but a bit pricey for me. So I thought to myself: "Self, what if you got your FAOL friends to tie some of these for you instead of buying them?"

As this was one of the more rational things I had said to myself this morning, I latched on to it. Thus the birth of the "Page 42" swap. Details below:

-Five participants (four + me)
-One pattern each, but three sizes, so 15 flies total (five of each size)
-Pick any pattern on Page 42 of the LL Bean Spring Fishing Catalogue; terrestrial or nymph.
- If the pattern you choose only comes in two sizes, then just add a third size, logically one just larger or smaller than those listed.
-Send flies to me in a crushproof container with SASE or postage no later than Feb. 11th. Yes, that's only three weeks away.
-I'll sort and send them back ASAP.
-I'll send my contact information and mailing address separately after sign up is complete. Sign-up deadline will be 1/28, next Saturday.

For clarification and to get started, I'll tie a Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear Natural in sizes 12,14 and 16.

Happy tying. Let me know if I've left anything out.

1. Ed Schuurman - Hare's Ear Nymph 12,14,16 - done
2. Night Angler - TBD
3. BadBug - Lawson's Emerger
4. gqualls - FBPT nymph 14,16,18 - recv'd
5. mikeytwoshoes - Lafontaine's Emergent Sparkle Pupa - recv'd

------------------
Ed Schuurman
Waynesboro, PA

[This message has been edited by schuured (edited 06 February 2006).]