MNFisher Fly #8(Waxworm/Grub)is my own pattern. I have sent it to several dozen people independent of swaps and sent it in a number of swaps from all over the USA. I have had good reports on it. You asked this question a while back:"The grub in photo 8 looks interesting. It looks like a rubber band and thread. Any more to it than that?" Here is the story behind the fly:
After getting skunked by my WIFE while fishing for bream. She with her Zebco and me with my flyrod I've come up with a tried and true Waxworm fly pattern. You see...there I was pulling in bream after bream with my flyrod and my favorite GO-TO-FLY, my wife walks up with her Zebco and a container of WAXWORMS!!! Her first cast she started catching MY FISH!!! I could no longer get a bite on my fly. They would just mouth it and swim off and hit my wifes live WAXWORM. ENOUGH OF THAT!!! I worked until I had a brainstorm. Take the bottom ribbing of a latex surgical glove...tie it on about 1/4 back from the eye of the hook(I use a size 10 standard fly hook.) tie the rubber back straight past the bend of the hook then wrapping in even wrappings to the front where you tied it on. It looks like the segments of a WAXWORM. Tie it off then trim and wrap a nice uniform head. That's it. I use brown thread. I've named it the "WAXIE". I've tried it and the fish love it. It is hard to be consistent with the tying of the fly because of the rubber material not being uniform. Question, let me know!!
Kahuna

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited 14 February 2006).]