+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Swap for Newbee Swappers

Participants,

Well, I haven't gotten a response to an email I sent 2 days ago to the last participant. Therefore, I will start boxing the flies up. I should get them in the mail no later than Wednesday. Your extra flies will be returned.

This happens sometime.

Allan

Participants,

Your flies are in the mail. The postal clerk said NYers should get the package Friday and those further away will probably get them Saturday.

I took photos of each fly but have to figure out how to transfer the batch to puter without transfering all other pictures. When I do, I will email each of you with a set of the pictures.

Allan

Awesome, Can't wait to see them, Hope you all enjoy, "And catch atleast one" with my installment to this swap...Hummm Per fly with a great amount of luck (as it was I who tye'd em)....That'd be two!!!...

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Got mine!!!...Great work from those who stayed with it....Carp, Great Ghost's,Alway's a hit with the carp for me...Shhh thats a secret....Awesome job of not torqueing/Canting the wings,Not easy at times...(Sure that was your first effort with the pattern..???)

Thanks Allan,
    Fine swap and Flies,Wish you'd just kept the extra's....Now I'm stuck with the Dirty work of taking them out and catching all those slimmy fish...UGHHHHG......

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 19 August 2005).]
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Got mine yesterday also. Excellant flies from all. Can't wait to try them out.

A BIG Thank You to Allan and as Bill said, you should have kept the x-tras. The only difference is that mine will be dangling from trees. No slimy hands here!

Bill, thanks for the compliment. Up until this swap, I had only tied 5 of them, I did a search here on FAOL and found tying instructions(#270) that helped alot. Believe it or not,the 1st one took about an hour. By the time I was done, I had them down to 40 min. Need more practice!

For those interested, the only changes that I made where;
    HOOK: Mustad 9672 3XL
    CHEEK: Guinea feather

THANKS TO ALL

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

[This message has been edited by FlyingCarp (edited 20 August 2005).]

Well, the 2 NYers got the flies. How about you other two. Get yours?

Allan

Sorry for the delay, but I was out of town. Yep I got them. They all look great. Thanks to everyone involved and especially Allan. BTW, I agree that you should have kept those extras. I guess I'll have to take them out for some rainbows once our season starts in October.

sorry everyone, i have been on a fishing trip, received my flies several days ago, and they look great, cant wait to use um

Hi Guys,

Well, all flies have been received. Thanks for your participation. Hope you catch some fish.

Allan

Here are some pictures that I took. Better late than never, though.
    [url=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ghileman@sbcglobal.net/slideshow?.dir=/95a9&.src=ph:0bda4]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ghileman@sbcglobal.net/slideshow?.dir=/95a9&.src=ph[/url:0bda4]

+ Reply to Thread