+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly fishing possible at Little Bighorn River, Custer Creek,

1. Default Fly fishing possible at Little Bighorn River, Custer Creek,

I would like to visit the Little Bighorn Battlefield. Is fishing possible, resp. worthwhile at Custer Creek, Little Bighorn River, Medicine Tail Coulee, Reno Creek and Rosebud Creek? Infos would be highly appreciated.

None of the creeks you mentioned hold any fish to speak of. But, you are only going to be about one hour from the Bighorn River, which is an excellent river to fish.

It is an easy river to wade and you will find good fishing at both Afterbay and the 3 mile access. You can also rent a drift boat for around $100.00.

Size 16 orange scuds, 10 & 12 San Juan worms, 18 & 20 Zebra midges, 16 & 18 pink and natural sow bugs.

Feel free to drop me an email and I will help you out any way I can.

------------------
    "My fondest memories and friends will be forever bound to my heart, with the waters I have fished." D.G. 1992

www.wolfmountainfly.com

Actually the Little Bighorn can be a very good little stream. The problem is access and the various enforcement agencies on the reservation. The Billings Gazette recently posted about some hunting conflicts and fishing issues would be very similar.

Otherwise, I agree with the other poster and suggest you fish the Bighorn below Yellowtail. You can also fish some of the rivers in the higher mountain regions of the Bighorn Mountains out of Sheridan.

+ Reply to Thread