Hi guys as usual I came to the sight lookin for information on how to do one thing and it led to another.

I saw the thread the other day on strike indicators..can't find it now but here's how I make mine for less then ten cents each...so far my first one has lasted six trips.

Stuff youll need:

Super glue or Zap A Gap

One spool cheapest sewing thread

One pack of craft foam (preferably very thin stuff. (Got mine at dollar store)and comes in a whole lot of colors.

Stiff plastic tubing with a very small bore. I'de guess mine is 1/8 inch. Mine I got at a junk store it was labeled as water pick replacement nozzles...yeah right heheh its fly tying plastic hehe. But whatever stiff small gauge tubing you can find will work.

And last those cheap disposable tooth flossing holders. i use the handle...heheh worked way better then wooden toothpick and the landfill gets a few less to hold on to for a few hundred years. The plastic in these is semi soft so molds to the tubing.

Take the foam and cut into very thin
strips, bout 1/8th inch...hehe dont have to be pretty. now cut them to round four inch length. Now put em together in a bunch. I very the number based on the kinda water I'm fishing.(stack em like your using a hair stacker.)

Take and cut yourself a 1/4 inch long peice of that stiff tubing. I used an old set of wire cutters to cut mine. But if your comfortable with a razor..go for it.

Put tube at about the halfway point of you foam strips and tie the bunch onto the tube with lots of wraps. Put a drop of glue on when done with that set of wraps. And don't make em to tight. I cut the foam my first try.

Then fold the foam in half and tie the foam so that its kinda like a parachute (on and adams fly) with the tube forming the shaft of a hook. Now more wraps around the foam to make it stronger and bunch up the right way. Then put some glue on those wraps.

Now the trick is this, I used the round narrow handles of the floss holders as a stoper by wrapping my leader around the handle then tamping it gently into the tube.

No crimps in my line so far from it, and it seems to work great. The best part is its super easy to move around to control depth or personal preference.

Hope it helps you to make your own.

------------------
A kind word is absolutely free to give, but totally priceless to recieve