The Quaker Swap

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED. WE'VE GOT 8 PARTICIPANTS.

Meet Toby.

Toby is my Quaker Parakeet. Toby sings ?Take Me Out To The Ballgame? and especially likes the line about crackerjack. He also sings ?Old MacDonald? but refuses to populate the farm with anything but ducks. He laughs a lot (usually just before trying to bite me) and he is a great buddy. But most importantly, Toby has really cool looking tail feathers. I?ve been collecting his molted tail feathers for the past year.

So here?s the plan.

This swap is limited to 8 participants, including myself. If you want to join you have to post here saying you?re joining and what you'll be tying (if you know) and send me an email with your name and street address. I?ll mail you two of Toby?s tail feathers. You then will tie 8 flies using any part of these feathers. You can create your own fly or you can substitute Toby?s feather for anything you want in any already existing pattern. The fly can be for trout, bass, salmon, panfish, or tarpon and can be on any size hook. It can be a nymph, dry, wet, streamer, fully dressed salmon fly. It just has to be fishable and you have to name it if it doesn't already have a name. You?ll then send all eight flies, with toe tags in a crush-proof container with an return-addressed envelope and the proper amount of return postage to me by the due date. I?ll photo them all for this thread and distribute the Toby flies promptly.

Due Dates:

Sign-up: October 1 or until 8 participants are on board .... DONE

Email me your address: within 24 hours of signing up .... DONE

Me getting you your feathers: I?ll mail them first class within 2 days of getting your address, once we?ve got enough participants to run the swap. ....MAILED ON 9/26

Flies due to me: November 1

Me getting you your flies: I?ll mail them out within 3 days of getting them all. Mailed 11/14

Participants:
1. Diane: Toby Marabou Streamer
2. FlyingCarp: QT Nymph RECEIVED
3. tyflier: Toby Tail and Mallard RECEIVED
4. Feenom: Catskill Quaker RECEIVED
5. Greg H: Rogan's Pearly Extractor RECEIVED
6. billknepp: McToby RECEIVED
7. Antron Midge: Toby Biot Emerger RECEIVED
8. Mike Popick: Copper John var. RECEIVED

[This message has been edited by Diane (edited 14 November 2005).]