+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help plz

Default Help plz

I Want to be in a swap, but im not sure if i understand everything.
    So i send in however many flies there is people, and then i get 1 of everyone elses back?
    , but what if my flies arnt the greatest, i would feel bad if i sent out a not so good fly, and received a great fly.

If anyone could help me that would be great, and if anyone is opening a swap soon, be sure to tell me plzzz

As a great lady once said, "trout don't live in ugly places". But all fish eat ugly bugs, thats why we tie them. What better way to learn a new pattern than have one in front of you, so much better than a picture. If it looks buggy, it might still be ugly, but the fish just think, "yummy"!

As far as how many you tie, that depends on the swap. 1 per person usually, sometimes 2.
    If you'de like to enter a swap, but aren't sure what to tie or how many to tie, just email the swapmeister or post a question on the thread. You'll get all the info you need. It's a great way to learn new and better ways to tie new patterns. Their great fun.

Just my 2 cents

------------------
    Official Flyfishing gear tester. Liscense # OUC012

Thanks, ill probably enter the next dry fly swap.

fishy,

We all had to start somewhere. All the tiers in a swap have different degrees of experience so some flies will look 'better' than others. Personally, I just expect everyone to try and do the best they are capable of tying.

Try joining a small swap to start off.

Good luck.

Allan

Good idea Allen, how about a small beginners swap? Just need a swapmeister to fire it up.

------------------
    Official Flyfishing gear tester. Liscense # OUC012

That would be nice if someone would start a small swap up, because i sure want to see what other people are tying, and get started in more of these swaps.

Thanks

FG-These are some of the same questions I've been thinking myself.
    I would also like to try a beginners swap. I would even consider hosting it, except for the previous advice on not doing that until you participate once or twice first. Maybe we can set up a small newbee swap just to get some practice. I have a trip to Colorado to take care of first and can't commit to tying anything beyond what I need for the trip, but when I get back in mid-July, maybe we can get something started up then.

fishy & others,

Tell you what. It's getting to be kind of a dead time of year (mid-July to Labor Day) insofar as trout fishing, for me at least. So I can devote some time to hosting a small swap.

Check out the thread I'll be starting in about 30 minutes and you might be interested. Hey, it'll be a starting point for newbees to swaps.

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 29 June 2005).]

Thanks allen for starting a swap for me and other "newbies" to get started, i really appriciate it

+ Reply to Thread