+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One (there are others too!) Problem With Swaps

communication!! if, for whatever reason, you cannot fulfill your responsibilities, let the meister and swappers know, please.

life happens to everyone, and sometimes you cant fulfill your commitment. but if you communicate this to all participants, it usually isnt a problem.

<------GUILTY!! Being new at the swaps, you learn quickly, but tend to aggrevate a few along the way. But all works out in the end.

ok heres my pet peve of the swaps.....
    I'd like to get in on one....how all you guys know exactly what time to be here to take all the spots,I'll prolly never know...but one of these days I'll get lucky and catch it just right.Maybe I just don't "LURK" enough,I do enjoy reading all the swaps and am glad the pike swap has ended on the positive note....

Happy swapping all

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Bill,
    Late getting into swaps? You may wish to host one yourself? Really, not a smart-alek answer here.

Jeremy.

Jeremy is right . . I was waiting for a smallmouth swap so I decided to host it myself. The first one I ever hosted. WEnt ok, flies are going out tomorrow.

wayne
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

ok gentleman,
    So what tips...other than whats been said above,would you aspire to me.If I did go the all out gutzy way to get started in the swaps....what mistakes have you yourselves made that you've learned from?...any advise that can make this easier for a dummy like myself would be greatly appreicated.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

To be entirely honest, I quit hosting swaps here at FAOL because there were just too many swappers that felt the rules of the swap didn't apply to them, or seemed to feel that they had no obligation to get the flies in on time.

Billknepp, you got mail buddy.

Ron Eagle Elk

+ Reply to Thread