+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spinner and Plastic Fly Swap

idabelangler,

Where did you get the spoon blanks? Those look really nice!

Wow, The two pictures posted so far look great. I hope mine are up to snuff with the other tyers. I feel like a three year old waiting for Christmas.RH

Hey swappers,

My wife has advised me that the last of the flies have come in. Soooooooooooo, I was hoping that I could have sent them out before I left for CA. I will be home on the 19th and will have them mailed out shortly after that. We are still early from the original due date so I hope you all dont mind. All written bullets can be sent to me or posted for holding on to the flies a little longer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Seege

No apology required. Anticipation is half the fun.Thanks again for hosting. Robb H.

Hey all,
    received my flies yesterday (5-2. They all look great and I can't wait to fish them. Thanks to all of you for the great ideas and special thanks to Richard for hosting this swap.

Tight Lines,
    Kevin Smith

Thank you every body. I received my flies today. I love the fact that they are creative, beautiful, and well tied. Please let me know how the chenille worms work and remember that the spinner can be detached and the worm used directly at the hook eye. Thanks again, Good luck and Happy fishing.

I'm absolutely floored! What tremendous creativity! One of my most interesting swaps. I'd like for us to do it again next winter, just to see what we can come up with now that we're thinking completely outside of the baggie! JGW

Hi All,

Received the flies last Saturday, and fished most of them on Sunday. It was like Christmas in May!

First tied on Aug's motor-oil colored bluegill fly, and on the very first cast, caught a very nice bluegill!

Seege: Your Tamboes Pee Wee cast really easily. I only have a 5wt, so somehow the fly balanced with the line/leader combo I was using. Should work great once the bass get over their post-spawn 'funk' (or I figure out the right presentation).

idabelangler: your spinner fly also cast amazingly well. I didn't let it sink down to the level of the bass, but a lot of ambitious bluegill chased it around. I want to try using it again soon. Lots of potential.

white43: I needed a larger rod with me to be able to throw your crawdaddy thing properly. I'll try it out next time I go out; it is just the thing to attract the bass in our deep, clear lake!

Schmang: Same thing goes for the fly rod jig-n-pig. Lots of potential.

Robb: the chenille worm was flashed a couple of times by a bass. No takers, but not even the hardware fishers were having any luck. I suspect the chenille worm will become a favorite pattern.

nowindknots: the heretic diver worked well with the 'gills. It was almost perfectly neutral-buoyant. Really interesting to fish with.

The black popper got hit once, but couldn't tell what went after it. I couldn't identify the tyer, but whoever it is, the flat foam sandwich is a cool idea.

Thank you all for your skill and artistry. I hope to try the rest of the patterns out soon.

Tight Lines, Jeff

------------------
    "The oxen are slow, but the Earth - is patient."

I threw in the foam poppers with my chenille worms. It is one of my favorite Bass flies and when I don't super glue myself to my vice it is very easy to tie and durable.

+ Reply to Thread