I have participated in 35 plus swaps without a problem (knock on wood - I'll just use my head) by packaging flies in (usually) an Altoids tin, or in some cases a small cardboard or single compartment plastic Plano box (approximately 4-5/8"L, 3-1/8" W, 1"D) - if the flies are streamer or saltwater types, etc. To this I attack labels, inside and out, with name, address, e-mail, and I guess you could include your phone number, if desired. This container is then placed inside a 6" x 9" bubble wrap envelope (obtainable almost everywhere). I find it easier to attach stick-on 'to' and 'from' labels rather than trying to write on the bubble wrap envelope itself, even thought they have spots to fill in this information. Over these labels (and over the self stick end closure when the envelope is finally sealed) I put a strip of clear packing tape. I insert another similarly prepared return envelope, folded in half, with postage stamps affixed, inside the mailing envelope with the Altoids tin.

Sometimes the swapmiester will apply tape over the return envelopes self seal closure and sometimes not, but I have not had any problems with this method, for what it's worth.

When sending the packages I take them to the P.O. and have them calculate the 1st class postage. This has given me a rough idea of how much in stamps to apply to the return envelope - usually a dollar is more than sufficient. It's cheaper than Priority Mail - and usually gets to the destinations pretty quick.

------------------
Dennis ~BadBug~