+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dry and dropper swap

I got mine. Unfortunately, not many were still connected to their toe tags so, there's a few I'm not sure who tie them and what they are.

L

Thanks Bill and Foxxtrot! Foxxtrot has offered to send me one. I would not normally make a big deal about it but I would hate to miss out on a new secret weapon.=) Scott

I recieved my flies on Friday. Awesome is the word that comes to mind. I'll be using them in March at Lee's Ferry. Thank you for the nice looking flies. Thank you to the Bill (the swapmeister) you was great.

------------------
    "Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting ...Holy ****...what a ride!"
    "Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy S**t....what a ride!"

Not As Lean Not As Mean But Still a Marine - Marine Your Best Friend Your Worst Enemy

I didn't put toe tags on mine they were the cream dry fly and the small blue glass bead head with black body. Hope this help out. Later Matt

------------------
    To each there own !

Lonnie, check out the first page of this thread for a list of who tied what.

foxtrot, thanks for taking care of salvoin! You've gone above and beyond the call of duty. That is a nice CDC caddis that I am looking forward to fishing!

Enjoy and tight lines all,

Bill

Yeah,

I kinda figured everything out from the list. There were a few that were similar (like some of the stimi's) that I didn't figure out 100% who tied but that's ok. Thanks for hosting and enjoy the flies!

Bill, Have you ever experimented with a twisted foam tail on the robber fly? It seems like it would be easier to do and you wouldn't have to thread wrap it when you were done.

L

[This message has been edited by Lonnie (edited 01 March 2005).]

Hi Lonnie,

The orange foam stimi and bead-head peacock caddis (peacock body, copper wire and gold bead) were tied by me as a replacement for ontariosteelheader's flies, which only a few were received in a damaged package.

A twisted foam tail for the robber fly? Hmmmm, that is an interesting idea. I haven't tried that but I think I will. The robber fly I tied was built on a needle and then tied on the hook. What I did was cut the foam pieces from a pattern, build all the bodies first on the needle, then finish the flies on hooks.

Bill

[This message has been edited by bbrothe1 (edited 01 March 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread