Hi All,

I've been AWOL from the forum lately and just wanted to give you guys an update. I've chugging along about 1/2-2/3 of the way through. I'm in 2 other swaps on others sites so I've really be behind the 8 ball. I'm on target be done on time.

As I said when I signed up, I love nightime caddis fishing in the summer. If you've never seen a western caddis "hatch" on a late summer evening, there's almost nothing like it. Anyway, I'm tying two patterns that I've used with great success here in Utah. They are only the tip of the iceburg when it comes to my caddis collection....

I'm tying the goddard and a 2000 version of the leadwing coachman. The goddard's aren't the best I've ever seen/tied, but they are my favorite caddis dry so I figured I better learn how to tie them. They're fun but take a lot of time (and are the hold up...) Here's the receipe(s)...

Goddard
Spun Antelope Hair Trimed to "tent" shape
Hackle: Brown
Thread: Back

Lonnie's BH Leadwing
Hook: Mustad C49's #16
Underbody: Orvis Antron dubbing "Peacock" (not sure if they make this color anymore. Any dark green dubbing will work)
Overbody: Peacock Herl
Wing: White EP fibers
Hackle: Brown
Bead: Gold

The major changes on this last one is the curved hook (which makes it look like a ovipositing female) The EP fiber wing (which hold little bubbles) and the bead, which helps suspend the fly and gives it a good look. Have fun with these !

[This message has been edited by Lonnie (edited 10 January 2005).]