+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: teeny-tiny nymph swap

it generally takes quite a while for flies to clear customs at the canadian border. they're curious our neighbors to the north, they even inspect what's inside the package.

be patient.
    they'll get there.

mgj

I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the fruits of your labor. You really did a great job on all the flies; they look wonderful! Thanks A TON to all of you who included extras for da 'meister, my box doth runneth over for sure!!!!

Pieter- I'm really sorry you've had all of this problem with the USPS. On occasion I'll get a clerk who suggests a more sturdy envelope than the ones that I use (which are nearly identical to what you sent me for returning your flies on this swap). In addition I've addressed my boxes so that when found they'll be returned to me. If I recall correctly you do this too... the fly box you sent me on the steelhead swap got sent back to you after being lost?

Ontariosteelheader- your flies will take quite a while. As Mikeytwoshoes pointed out, they may be searching and verifying the contents to make sure we're not scamming them out of rightful tax dollars to fund your state run health care system or whatnot. Who knows, they may even be checking for a letter bomb or something, not knowing that the only terrorist acts we'll be committing will be against low-hanging bankside trees and trout!?!?!?!?

Thanks again for your great work y'all. I am always honored by the trust I'm shown in care of these flies!

God bless and tight lines,

EF

Flies received,
    excellent,
    thank you ALL
    Roy

+ Reply to Thread