+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Steelhead Swap

Default Winter Steelhead Swap

They say the winter air temperature is higher than the winter steelheader's IQ. Let's prove them wrong with a winter steelhead swap!

This swap will be open to a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 swappers (including your friendly neighborhood swapmeister), and will close to sign ups on Tuesday, November 16. To give everyone plenty of time, flies will be due to me by Tuesday, January 4, 2005

(2005??? already ?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Email with complete details will follow when the swap fills up.

Stu

OK Stu, I like tying the larger flies.
    I don't know what I'll tie yet.

------------------
    Donald/Scotland
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

Stu,
    I have been known to tie a steelhead fly or two,Have to I always lose one!!!

Count me in

Wet
    Working Trout Bum

ah what the hell i'm in

i'll give the winters hope a try if that all right

Stu, You mean there are winter steelhead? Just kidding! Now that I have that spey rod to toss those flies I need some to add to the box. I'm in, pattern to be determined later.

For any other steelheaders that might be sitting on the fence, Stu runs a first class swap, so jump on in here.

REE

REE,

No winter steelies in the Puget Sound area the last couple of years, that's for sure!

When are we going to get out and wet a line together?

BTW, all, I forgot to mention -- plus one fly for Ronn Lucas for the S&S series here on FAOL.

Stu

[This message has been edited by Stu Farnham (edited 06 November 2004).]

Dang, Stu, I was just up in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. I picked up a brift boat from Z, in Monroe. Went in the back way through Falls City and up through Duvall. You sure got some nice water up there. I'm gonna have to make that trip again soon.

The spey casting is getting to be fun. I've got the single and double spey down pretty well (70-90 foot casts are pretty easy), working on the snap-t and circle casts.

I'm having a fling with SRC's this year. Been having a blast fishing for them, but I've noriced that the arthritis in my hands keeps me from fishing as long as I'd like using a 5 weight single hander. Using any heavier weight rod is a waste of time for me. I can cast my 8/9 spey rod all day long, with no pain at all, so I'm looking at 6weight spey options for SRC's. Bob Meiser has some great looking rods at decent prices for a custom rod, Sage is out of my price range, but TFO also has a 6 wgt that I'm looking at.

Man, do I ramble or what.

REE

Please include me. I will be up fishing Erie tribs most of next week so that guareentees I will be tying lots of replacements for myself so might as well tie some for the swap as well.

mgj [mgjaej@yahoo.com] is in, which puts us at our minimum of 6(Donald, Wet Fly Guy, SDH, NoazBoyz, Dry Fly Guy, and me.

Who else wants to play?

Stu

10. Default

I'll play.

Regards,

+ Reply to Thread