+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida Highlands Today newspaper fishing report

Another article by D.O. "Red" Norton is up on the Highlands Today newspaper web-site but its not a fishing report, more of an update on Lake Istokpoga's condition. Feb. 20.

[url=http://highlands.tbo.com/sports/MGBSAU7SVJE.html:549de]Is Lake Istokpoga Endangered?[/url:549de]

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 20 February 2006).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Highlands Today newspaper fishing report by D.O. "Red" Norton for Feb. 22.

[url=http://highlands.tbo.com/sports/MGB6GVARYJE.html:7c4e8]Back To Normalcy For Local Fishing[/url:7c4e8]

Water temperature was 79 degrees this afternoon when I was out. Forecast called for 5 to 10 mph wind. I got 20 mph wind that was mostly constant. Wind was forecasted to be out of the southwest. I got northwest and northeast wind. I paddled against wind and current and got nowhere fast most of the time. The fish were there but not cooperative. I got skunked.....again.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Highlands Today newspaper fishing report by D.O. "Red" Norton for Mar.5.

[url=http://www.highlandstoday.com/MGBGZGV8EKE.html:6dc30]Heartland Fishing Warms Up[/url:6dc30]

As I am in the process of moving (still in Sebring, just to another house) and really haven't been out on the water since the last time I posted, I can't comment yet. It is definately warmer weather and I see more boats out on Lake Jackson. Lake Glenada in Avon Park always has two or three boats on it when I drive by. These two lakes are easy to see from US Hwy.27.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Highlands Today newspaper fishing report by Dave "Red" Douglass for Mar. 22.

[url=http://highlands.tbo.com/sports/MGBKHG6V2LE.html:3ed84]Spring Brings Good Fishing[/url:3ed84]

Just getting hooked back up and online since the "actual" move last week so my PC has been down lately. Add to that a change of ISP and I've been offline for a while now. Needless to say I have not had any fishing time out on the water lately. Hopefully soon . As you can tell by the name above, the report's author is not D.O. "Red" Norton. Its a new "Red" Dave Douglass so I don't yet know what is going on with "Red" Norton and why the change. I will try to find out.

Nice sunset photo in the article. I know where it was taken as I have been there. East shore of Little Lake Jackson. There is a deep hole at that end that holds some nice LMB (Large Mouth Bass). Across the water is one of Sebring's water towers, and Harder Hall (soon to be opened remodeled historic hotel/restaurant) can be seen.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 23 March 2006).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Mystery solved on the Highlands Today newspaper fishing reports. I e-mailed Red and this was his reply.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I had been writing the fishing report for Highlands Today for the last couple of years, up until about 6 weeks ago when I took a job in Cleveland Ohio. I also owned a fishing tackle shop called "Reds" and closed it just prior to coming north. Normally I write two columns a week for the paper, but this was a great opportunity for me for 6 months, and I plan to continue writing the articles when I get back.

I had arranged for a buddy of mine, Dave Douglass, to fill in for me while I'm gone. Sounds like he wrote one article and that was it. Haven't spoken to him so I don't know what happened. I don't know why Dave Douglass used my nickname in the one column that he wrote. I won't be back to Florida until August or September.

D. O. "Red" Norton<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will put them up when they become available again and when I am able.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 28 April 2006).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

tks Bob...

+ Reply to Thread