What a difference 4 days and a 4 degree rise in water temperature can make. The peacock bass were chasing shad on the surface all around the boat.
In every direction the water boiled with feeding fish. We were getting strikes and chases on almost every cast.

Chris and I started fishing at 4:00 pm. The water temperature was 74 degrees. For weeks the fishing had been slow. Peacock Bass are tropical fish and totally shut down when the water temp. drops below 70.

I was using a 5wt fly rod with a small chartreuse/white Clouser. Chris had his ultra-light spinning rod loaded with 2# test line and was tossing a 2 inch Senko.
Pink, White, Green, or Tan, color didn't seem to matter.

The tukes (peacock bass) ranged in size from 8 to 15 inches. Less than 2 pounds. They were fat and healthy fish, striking hard and fighting all the way to the boat. The perfect size for our ultra-light tackle.

When the sun set, their feeding ceased. I was ready for a rest from the constant action. I don't know how many fish we landed, well over 25 I guess.
More important, I was fishing with my son and we got some nice pictures to remember our special time together.

Aloha,
Stan