+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skunked

Default Skunked

Well, I got skunked this morning fishing a local pond. This pond has been consistantly good for Bass and panfish. Never before have I gotten skunked here. There was another person fishing that left after 2 hours who got skunked also.

I guess that sometimes the fish just don't want to feed. I know their there, just not in the mood to eat. I did get 2 bites however.

Possibly the weather is to blame. We just got a cool front in Friday and finally lowered the temps to a comfortable 80 degrees. I know thats high but compared to the 95+ days we have had all summer it sure feels good.

Who's to complain about the no fish day?, not me!! A bad day on the water still beats a good day at work. Not to mention my casting is improving.

Leo C.

Leo, I'm not sure about the weather in your neck of the woods, but I've had to try several different flies and several presentations before I found the one they wanted. On one pond they wanted an caddis nymphon the drop after trying dries, and other nymphs. On a local lake, I couldn't find them except for 20 feet off of shore, and I had to give the woolly worm I was throwing a 30 second count so it was definitely on the bottom, and then pull it in. They are not in a hit anything mood around here.

+ Reply to Thread