+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taneycomo 5/26/05

Default Taneycomo 5/26/05

Fished below Table Rock Dam from Noon to 7PM today. Dam generated power on 1 generator for an hour from about 4:30PM to 5:30PM. Caught good number of Rainbows on black bead head Zebra Midge size 20. Caught good number of Rainbows as sky began to clear late on a size 16 UV Scud. Caught 1 nice Rainbow on a BH Pheasant Tail Nymph (size 16) during power generation. Total fish caught = 22. Biggest was a fat 15" and smallest was 10". Most fish were in the 12-15" range and very healthy and full of fight.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

Sure, JC, they take dries. I fish Mosquito Midges, Cracklebacks, and Elk Hair Caddis (which is strange cuz we have no Caddis) when conditions are right and I get the urge. I know folks who get some good BWO action in April/May.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

6/3/05...Hooked up with Danoinark @ 4PM below the dam to do some fishing. Dam was running 1 generator. It stayed on the whole time we were there and we left just before 8PM.

Caught a good number of very healthy Rainbows and 1 nice Brown on UV Scuds. Biggest fish went about 16" and I caught 2 small stockers. I think I caught between 15 and 20 fish. I wasn't really counting.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

I'll be heading to Taney Monday evening and will fish all day Tuesday. We normally catch around 100 fish apiece. We will be using a drift boat so the generators won't bother us too much! John

+ Reply to Thread