+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caddis Hatch on the Millers River, MA

Default Caddis Hatch on the Millers River, MA

Yesterday morning I drove by the Millers River and saw lots of fish rising. Unfortunately it was the first morning in days I decided not to go fishing. I made up for it yesterday evening. Went back and found another hatch of Caddis flies. Fish were taking every Caddis imitation I threw at them. Hardware chucker nearby could not buy a bite. I was kinda hoping he would catch something but it did not happen.

jed

Hey Jed,
    I grew up in Erving on the millers, I'm still learning flyfishing but I've caught a few this year, up at Wilcox hollow on the deerfield. If you wouldn't mind having me tag along on the millers or shad fishing sometime let me know. I'd like to go with someone that knows what they are doing a learn a little more. chigmit(at)hotmail.com
    Thanks, Nate

Sure Nate,
    I'll try and find some time in the next while. I often fish an hour here or an hour there usually before work. Email me or I'll email you.My email is in my profile. Just put FAOL in the subject of Fishing as I am pretty brutal with spam that I don't recognize.

PS it is also a good idea to fill in a little on your profile as it helps people know where you live andd how to contact you.
    jed

[This message has been edited by Jed (edited 26 May 2005).]

Sounds good, I've been considering getting up to fish before work but haven't made it yet. Right before dark seems to be pretty good, I got a brown up at Wilcox on Weds. evening. I might go try a few holes on the green today after work though I didn't have any luck with that last year, last year i concentrated on the Green and the Fall, didn't get much, this year I've only been going to Wilcox and have got trout every time. I live in Greenfield

I've never had much luck on the Green River. Millers, Deerfield, Swift, Westfield work for Trout. Ct. for Bass. and I know a few spots in Northfield, one which has 6 lb bass and another that is almost a guarantee for catching a trout or two.

jed

+ Reply to Thread