Under another topic, guys are busy creating a stereotype of the warm water fly fisher. Do we need another one? I have another thought.

Fly Fishing is so identified with trout and salmon that some assume that the method goes with the fish. Guys like McClane and McNally, showed us a long time ago that that ain't so. Nevertheless, trout fly fishermen are still hoggging the name.

Everyone else is thrown into a miscelaneous category-Warm Water Fly Fishers. That puts a guy fishing for Peacock bass in Miami canals and a guy fishing for Pike on lakes in the Yukon in the same category. Actually the only thing the same are the mosquitoes. Whether you target Grass Carp, White Crappies, or Channel Catfish on a fly, you are all in the same group.

Right now I am a declared Bass Fly Fisherman with a dominant interest in Smallmouth an Largemouth bass. Though I respect the challenge of Carp on a fly, Panfish on a Fly, and Muskies on a fly, I reject the idea of just tossing all of us into the "other" fly fishers bucket. I would like to see a Bass on the Fly forum just as others would like to see Carp or Pike on a fly forums.

Just my thought, what do you think?