+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vested or not

Blog Entries

I fish mostly from a canoe and a vest just doesnt work, I have one and could never find what I needed. I now have a bag, purchased at a doller store. It is a shoulder bag that looks like a small shoulder backpack. I glued a patch for drying flys to it and it holds all I need. Now is I can get my kids to stop calling it my purse.

Eric

------------------
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Eric-WD (edited 12 July 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Eric-WD (edited 13 July 2006).]
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I use a Downs Chest Pack & love it. I can add, remove, or change boxes, & getting flies is really convenient since boxes are horizontal with lids as working area. I wear it with a fishing shirt (pockets for camera, etc, & a lanyard for floatant, nippers, film cannister for small trash items, forceps.
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Depending on what I am carrying I sometimes use a fanny pack, thrown over one shoulder. Its light weight and doesn't bother me at all.

jed

Old habits are hard to break!

For sure, real hot weather calls for some adjustments, but usually my trout pursuing times where I want the vest with all it's bric-a-brac, are more during cooler times of the day and in higher elevations.

But I have been known, when cruising down the river in my canoe in search of bass & bream, just to have a few things laid out in a pouch in front of me, hanging from the canoe's rear thwart.

Dale

Blog Entries

Fanny pack or one of those el cheapo Wally World shoulder bags. There are also some vests that are really just small bags with straps to hold them on. And yessir, it do get hot these days!

Night fishing might be an alternative

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:7ead8]Sweetness On The Water[/url:7ead8]
    [url=http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/bgl/:7ead8]Good Ol? Lepomis Macrochirus[/url:7ead8]

I go with a lanyard and pockets when I can get away with it. That means I am fishing water I know and am pretty sure of how I am going to fish it. When I'm less certain and need to carry more stuff I'll go to a fanny or chest pack.

------------------
    Fish more, work less!

fanny pack that holds 2 water bottles, 3 fly boxes, camera,etc. I may move my forcep zinger to the buckle side, tired of reaching around to get it every 3rd fish.

------------------
    The thrill is not in the kill. It's in the deception.

It occurs to me as I read the fanny pack suggestions...we must be talking only wading up to the crutch...surely you don't deep wade???....or even need waders?

Fanny pack, lanyard and a fly patch on my ball cap.
    Greg

For warmwater, I use a Gucchi leather purse that I bought at a yard sale for $1. It works very well, having enough room for everything I need, and being leather, is masculine enough to deflect most comments.

+ Reply to Thread