Well today I was lookin for a place to fish. All my favorite spots were occupied by worm drowners. Well I struck up a conversation with this ole boy and he gave me info that was golden. We have a local 18 hole golf course operated by the city that was closed down with the opening of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. They still mow it and keep it clean. You see joggers n peeps playin soccer and such. Well like every golf course it has ponds err water traps or whatever ya call em. Well these ponds are stocked with fish. I thought I would give her the ole college try. Nice walk. First cast with a Flash Back Hairs Ear nymph.. Big slab Crappie. Well bugger me I thought. Caught a cpl big gills then switched to a Bead Head Crystal Nymph. First Cast.. 2 foot Gar. He played me for about 5 minutes then did an auto release so I could go on my way.. he also took my nymph with 1 slash of those wicked teeth to make sure I couldn't repeat that again. I think he knew it was my last one. Well anyway 5 ponds, caught crappie, gills, gar, warmouth perch and largmouth bass. There is another pond way back thats about 40 acres. I hear it is well stocked cept it has those damn bowfins in it.Anywayz, thats the rundown for today.
Oh by the way just a warning watch where you put your feet. Here I was walkin around those ponds fishin my heart out and havin a ball. I always wear my Teva sport sandles when its this hot.. 95 at 7:00 p.m. Anyway I felt a slight tingle on my feet, then it got more intense and became a burn. I looked down and there I was with both feet standin on an active ant mound. Not just any ant mind you, but The Infamous FIRE ANT mound. I did a quick drop and roll.. oops, wait thats if'n your on fire. Well i started doin a Mexican hat dance at pond side slung those sandles off, dropped, slapped, brushed ,kicked and said " O gosh darn golly gee" (Yeah right). Anyway watch where ya walk..BTW Benadryl spray feels really cool when sprayed on burning ant bites

------------------
If fishing was crack, I'd be a crack maniac