+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Flyfishing 2

Default Kayak Flyfishing 2

Hey Everyone,
    Noticed that the area we post in is larger than any other, so for time saving I decided to start a new area. There is so much interest in this topic. I still want every person who fishes from a watercraft to feel free to post here. We all have a lot to learn from each other.
    Thanks,
    Sarge.

------------------
    The enemy was many and they were but few,
    But they stormed the gates of hell with glory in their eyes,
    For tonight they sleep in Valhalla.

I'd like to post pictures of my yak.

I'm in my yak at least once each week, normally in a farm lake. It loads and carries very well in a Toyota PU and I can be in the water with the depth finder working and line out in 10 min.

The depth finder is great in larger impoundments and the one mounted in the pics is from BPS at $69.00. The battery is a Milwalkee battery for a 12 v drill ( power for ~ 10 hrs) and the sending unit is glued to the hull with silicone caulk.

As an anchor I use chains ( 2 ' of 3/8" log chain) that can be hooked together for a drag anchor in rivers to slow you down a bit. I knife is on my PFD to cut away any fouled anchor lines.

I carry my flyrod and a UL spinner. EVERYTHING that is not in my hands is hooked to the yak with a lanyard (just in case). The anchor ,front and back, hold me in place and I like them better than the trolley system (IMHO)

great site that has given me many ideas and a lot of education is:
    [url=http://kayakfishingstuff.com/:e42c0]http://kayakfishingstuff.com/[/url:e42c0]

best tip I can give you: STAY IN THE BOAT!
    [This message has been edited by zzdruid (edited 01 June 2006).]

Blog Entries

Great Yak, gives me some good Ideas for the Green Weenie (my coleman Canoe)

Eric

------------------
    Tis bettter to have hooked and lost, than never hooked at all.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Here is some picks of mine. I have Ocean Kayak Prowler 13s.
    [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TNTAMA/11176ff3.jpg:d083c]Rigging[/url:d083c]
    [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TNTAMA/TheRanch001.jpg:d083c]Kayak Fishing[/url:d083c]

Norm

Hey Folks,
    Everyone else is posting pictures so I thought I would give it a try here goes.
    This is my boat the Alpha Lone Star. Going to see if this shows up.
    Later
    Sarge.

Okay Im back,
    Well that is my boat the Alpha Lone Star and I love her to death. I took some pictures inside because I had it inside to clean the bottom out with a vacumn. Yeah thats right I said inside!!! In my living room!! Try that with a hardshell and see what your significant other says.(just kidding) Anyway I loaded her up with all my gear to give you an indication of how she handles storage. I have made a few add ons with things like bungie cords and milk crates(both essential on a kayak). I even added a rodholder after the guy at the shop told me I'd never be able to make it work. Well I guess you just have to keep trying. I thought I would show one more cool thing before I put her in dry dock(my closet LOL).Here is a picture of one of the sweetest things about an inflatable kayak, the size. I put took the picture with my cat Max in it to give a sence of scale. The milk crate has everything except the paddle and it can hold that too, I just took it out so I could get a better picture.I can carry all this on my own and set up down by the water. Well talk to yall later. Love the pics. of other kayaks. Keep them coming.
    Sarge.

------------------
    The enemy was many and they were but few,
    But they stormed the gates of hell with glory in their eyes,
    For tonight they sleep in Valhalla.

[This message has been edited by Southside Sarge (edited 02 June 2006).]

How do I post a picture?

FF,
    This is the first time I had posted a picture so I'll tell you how I did it. I don't know your level of computer proficiency but mine is bad so I'll explain like I am teaching myself. First off you need to have the photos in your computer not on the camera. Next go to Google and type in Photobucket. This will bring up the Photbucket website. If you are not a member then you have to join. It's free and helps with a lot of aplications for photos(you can post all your pictures online so that your loved ones that are far away can look at them when they want). Anyway after you have joined you follow the instructions to load your photos onto the site into your albumn.It is pretty simple to do this you use the browse button to find where the photo is and select it for download, and you can even do multiple pictures at once(I only have dial up so I did them one at a time) Once they are loaded into the albumn you can look at them and do whatever(this is pretty cool site). Next you pick the photo you want to post and look below that picture. There will be three boxes under the picture, choose the bottom box (IMG box)and highlight and copy everything in that box with your cursor. This box was designed especially for posting to sites like FAOL.Next go to the FAOL bulletin board and choose where you want to put the picture(New topic or Reply). Then you type what you want and paste the saved info from the photobucket site in the text box like this one where you want it to be in relation to your words. The picture will already be open after you submit the words. The picture will show up. If the picture is too big, upsidedown, or what ever go back into the Photobucket site and edit it and it will update the FAOL site automatically. This process is probly a lot easier with high speed internet, but I don't have it. Oh well hope that helps.If you need anything else just hollar.
    Sarge.

Here is a pic of my yak.

Thanks for the help sarge.

+ Reply to Thread