Since the fish have been hitting so voraciously lately, I decided to do a little experimentation. I like to use light action 3wts for sunfish (mostly a little bamboo, but I have moderate graphite--only longer). Anyway, in bank fishing, I always need to watch my backcast, and heavy flies on a light line/rod make precise backcasts problematic. The problem is, small flies (14 and under) generally get swallowed deeply and are difficult to unhook. I tied a few simple wets, like peacock herl soft hackle, orange or yellow silk floss soft hackle, and dries like foam ants and wasps, on size 10 hooks with dressings in the 16-14 range to see what happened. The results were interesting. While not as graceful as a small dry, these "big hook" variations were considerable easier to cast than the full size water-logged chenille-bodied flies I normally use this time of year. The fish didn't seem to care that the dressings and hooks were mismatched. The only real difference I noticed (I verified this sight fishing in shallow water near shore) was that the little ones would try to take the seemingly smaller flies, but were unable to easily handle the larger hooks, so I had a lot of misses from youngsters, which attracted larger ones nearby, for some reason--likely predatory competiveness. I would think that this would also work in open water with something like size 12 dressings on size 8 hooks, and I'm interested in trying the concept when the fish get pickier later in the summer. Anyone else ever try this?