Hello All,
Longtime FAOL fan, first time poster. I saw a thread on the WarmWater board about kick boats, and I wanted to talk about another option I discovered. I had for a long time wanted a watercraft, but I was limited by factors such as cost and ablility to store a boat. The perfect solution for me was an inflatable kayak. I recently got it for my birthday, and it has been a blessing. I fish premarily for Bluegill on the local urban river called Town Lake in Austin. A float tube was not an option because local laws prohibit such craft on Town Lake. The inflatable kayak was perfect because it packs down into small package that can easily be stored in a closet(i live in an aprtment), and also does not need a car rack to be transported. It inflates in about 5 mins. and can be customised to fot my needs(you have to be creative, since you can't drill holes like a standard kayak). My kayak allows me to transport a lot of nessecary gear, cover a lot of area, and have a stealthy approach. I know a lot of people do not trust inflatables but the ones coming out now are even able to handle whitewater. The cost of a good inflatable can be a fraction of the cost of a hardshell kayak as well. All of these features make the inflatable kayak a viable option for anyone that is considering a personal watercraft. I would love to hear from anyone who wants to talk it over.
Thank You and Keep up the great work on this excellent site.