The lake was 4-5 acres. I do not know how long the hbg have been in there. I looked for fry on the shoreline where I was fishing but there was a lot of algae and I was soon engaged in the hbg so I cannot say I looked very close. The hbg have sharper spines, although that could just be a function of their size. My best guess to weight is about 1 1/2 lbs. but that is a real guess. I did not weigh any. Back to stomach would be 6 inches, head to tail probably 10 inches or more. Most had a yellow blush on but one had a blue blush. They were very aggressive on the white foam spider. There were very few times that they hit it first and then came back. The pond is in the middle of a pasture. I stopped fishing for the bg's when the bass started moving into the shallows. I caught a 10 inch that looked in good shape, and then a 14 inch 1 1/2 lb LM that was in good shape. My friend caught about 5-6 bass with a spinning rig. Most were in the 12 inch range. They appeared healthy to me and there was a lot of surface activity including air jumps across the pond as night fell. Sorry for the estimates, we should have had a camera but once the action started I was concentrating on other things.