Jim, I was glad to hear of this. I was fishing from a bridge where I could see the bg's clearly. I started using a yellow foam spider and caught one bg. After that, they would just float and stare at it. Every once in a while one would mouth it quickly and more quickly spit it out. IF I moved it, they would swim toward it and sometimes bump it a bit but not take it. I switched to a green foam spider, a red foam spider and a grey foam spider, same results. I tied on a cream scud dropper. The same results but looking at the bg's they would circle around the scud like spokes around a wheel. Again a twitch would make them come running but they would not actually take the fly hard enough to feel or register on the line. I tried a couple of other flies but no sucess. I had thought it was because lots of times they are fished for with hot dogs bits or worms and my flies did not have the right smell. I am thinking of carrying a little bacon grease with me to 'grease' up the fly, or at least let it smell a little bit for bg's. Later in another part of the pond I caught a couple of bg's by casting close to and parallel with the shore and then doing the twitch, wait, twitch, wait retrieve but it may have been just that I twitched when one was mouthing it.