I have no opinion.
Anyway, just to add some clutter to the clarity, I have to say that in some situations, trout insect imitations vs bream insect imitations, (or cold water entemology vs. warm, or running vs. still)doesn't matter a bit. In my fishing, I think a lot of my success is directly related to an impulse strike. In other words, the fish aren't biting because they think "oh, boy, a nice juciy scud." they're biting because something is moving or making noise in their space, therefore, it must be alive, and furthermore, it must be delicious.
Another point is that I don't think minor sub-spiecies differences make that much difference. If so, we would all be in trouble. The suwannee bass is a black bass species that lives in only two river basins in the entire world, in South Georgia and Northern Florida. If you can have a vertabrate, complex animal that is that specialized to a certain area, doesn't it make since that the more diverse, less complex insects could evolve in even more specific ways? We could find our selves tying "3:00PM on Tuesday afternoon Ochloknee river blue-winged hexageous sulfur olive with a purple husk" to match the hatch. *G*
To make a long ramble short, fish what works. If you can't find what works in the store, tye it yourself, or get a friend to tye it for you. And above all, have fun
swamp