I finally got to go down to the local pond and fish.
Since I'm still in school and had wrestling everyday after school and every saturday, there was no time to get out.

It warmed up quite a bit this past week, making the water warmer. Since wednesday its been getting colder out.

I went down to the pond and fished for a couple hours. I didn't know what to use since I only have about 5 or 6 flies. I put on a nymph and had some success with the gills. I caught 5 gills and they were sooo much fun it was unbelievable. I never had fun catching gills before but I guess it must be that I haven't been out for almost 5 months.
I went back to the little fly box and put on some tan fly, maybe a caddis? I casted about 10 times with no luck. I was getting it out about 30 to 40 feet, really far for me since it's my first year. I was getting really frustrated because my line kept getting knots in it every 5 or so casts. On about my tenth cast I finally caught something other than a gill, thank God, it was a Brook Trout, a nice fat 14 incher. God must be on my side today, I caught 1 more Trout, a Rainbow this time.

I decided to go to a different spot on the lake. I kept the caddis? on and had more luck with it. On the sixth cast I hooked up with a Largemouth Bass, my first one ever, yipee, it was about 14 inches long and weighed maybe 1 1/2 lbs. Boy was she a fat one. I was so happy to finally get a bass on any type of rod, especially on my fly rod.

I stayed in that spot for about another 20-30 minutes walking up and down casting in a different spot every time. I didn't catch anything after that bass but boy did I have the time of my life.

I had an awesome day even with it being pretty chilly out. I can't wait till next time.

Thanks for reading,
Nick