This morning I received what the wrap says is my last issue of your Fly Rod & Reel. Perhaps because I have ignored you offers to renew, and this latest offering is a perfect example of the reason why. Eighty-four pages devoted to a single family of fish, of which I have no ocassion to angle for. Couldn't the hand be holding a smallie once in a great while? Or a bluegill? Is asking for a single story per month on a warmwater species too much to ask? I'll read Gierach's story in the back and respectfully deposite all of your hard work into the recycling bin. I took this past year of issue simply because of his stories, then realized that for $19.99 I can purchase any of his fine books. This brings my slicks down to one publication. Fly Tyer. You ask that I "don't miss the excitement!" Of what? I have been hit over the head with trout, which I admit are beautiful fish and fun to catch, for so long now that I fail to see any excitement. So, you slick stick editors and publishers go on and have your fun. Just let the circulation department know that sending me those enticing offers is a complete waste of time and money. Tight lines.

JGW