Joe,

I've really enjoyed my Cabela's two-weight this season and really put it through it's paces. I've fished a lot of #12 Gurgle Pops on the two weight and find it has the backbone to toss them pretty well (with a bit of practice). I also go with smaller flies. Generally when fishing the Gurgle Pops, I stay with a 4X or even 3X tippet. You can never tell when a bigger fish is going to come along. Believe me, if you fish a two weight in warm water long enough, you will be badly UNDER GUNNED a couple of times each season particularly around brush piles but that's part of the fun. With smaller flies, particularly dry flies, I will go with a lighter leader.

As to breaking the rod, I've nearly had it jerked out of my hand a couple of times. It's so light you tend to grasp it lightly and can get taken by surprise when watching other non-angling activity---hawks are a special weakness of mine. Even with bigger fish, I never felt the rod was going to snap with 4x or 3x tippet material. They've got a lot of backbone and are suprisingly durable 8T