+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PastorEd

Default PastorEd

How was Walnut Creek for you? Did you get to fight fish or just the crowds?

We got up and had breakfast and instead of just me and my oldest, it turned into a family affair. All 5 of us packed into my old fishin truck (91 Trooper with over 200k miles) and on the road. When we got there, it was decided we had to go by the 'park' to fish.

Once the family was all settled I donned my waders, tied on a new leader and some tippet. then I was selecting the first fly when the rain began. I did get to make 10-12 casts before I was beckoned for, adn got one hit, but that was about it for me. Guess I will have to stick to the regular lunch fishing scedule for now.

We will have to find a time and place to hok up though.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Don,
    My 3 year old son likes to go to the Park there too (we eat lunch there every friday) I have had better luck over by the island, but I have caught a lot of fish out of the shallows there by the "corner".

Well, my father-in-law and I got to the lake right at 6:00. It was very dark, but I am a bit I figured the crowds would be bad later (I am kind of an extreamist anyway). There were a couple of boats on the lake but other than that we had it to ourselves. I sat Pop on a chair on the island, gave him his tub of worms and went ta fishing.

I tried a bunch of different flies. Soft hackles, buggers, streamers, poppers, and finally put on my old stand by for blue gills, an olive GRHE. I tossed it up under the bridge and bam! Pulled in my best blue gill of the year, a little over 10 inches.

I continued to fish from the bank, on the island and east up the edge of the lake. And only caught 1 more fish, over the next couple of hours.

Just as you were getting out in the lake, as the first few rain drops fell, I tied a hopper on (I had fished it earlier with no luck) 2 successive casts, 2 fish. Then I looked up and Grampa had is line realed in and was going up the hill the truck...

We WILL have to hook up one of these days. I don't know when I will be able to get out again, it kinda depends on whether Omaha gets any of the folks from New Orleans. If we do I will be helping get them settled.

Take care,
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread