+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inexpensive Flylines

Default Inexpensive Flylines

I was in the market for a 6wt line for my 5ft 1 pc glass rod that I had been fishing a 5wt line on. It really comes to life with the 6wt line on it. It sounds weird......5ft 6wt but it is a great rod for gills and bass out of the yak. I digress.

I am always on the hunt for inexpensive flylines and fish mostly 333HT, Aircel, and Ultra 3 lines. Well, I ordered a WF6F Aquanova and 2 spools of 20lb. backing for 24.00 shipped from Global Dorber. All I can say is WOW......this $13.00 flyline is unbelievable for 3 times the price! It is supple, the finish is flawless, and it is incredibly slick. I'm sold and I think I'll order up a few more.

Who says that flylines have to be expensive!

Lou

Loudog

I had the same feelings as you when I bought their line. I'd be interested to hear what you think after you use it for a while.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Hey Anglerdave,

Have you used yours for a while? If so, how is it holding up. Afterall, those were my first impressions and I have no idea how it will hold up.

Thanks,

Lou

I have pounded the waters with my aquanova w3wf for two seasons. It works just fine. For the price it cannot be beat. Made in Canada.

Lou

I purchased both a 6 wf and 4 dt. Both the tips started sinking after a while. And yes I clean my line after every trip.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I've used the AquaNova lines for several years now, and while they don't compare even with the Cortland 333 for finish and longevity, they still cast well and perform adequately. Taken care of, they're good for probably 2 or maybe 3 seasons...not bad for the price, which incidentally is cheaper at a local grocery store than at Dorber's...$9.95....yeah, I've got several weights and styles.

RG,

You can get FF suplies at a local grocery. If it aint at Walmart I am stuck getting online only.S/H is cheaper than gas,I gotta move,i JUST gotta MOVE someplace. At least where they don't think a flyrod is a crappie stick in need of a reel.

+ Reply to Thread