Sorry I couldn't get a hold of you guys; you'll be happy to know we didn't exactly kill 'em anyway.

Quick Report:
Little Beaver Creek was much shallower than I thought, although it was still very pretty. We found the smallies to be fairly pressured (an elderly gentlemen I spoke to said the river gets hit by a lot of meat fishermen - we didn't see any regulations posted anywhere). My partner found the pattern that ended up working for us; poppers, cast to jumping fish. I didn't even get any small ones in the riffled water, and deeper pockets were no good if the fish weren't jumping. We had to cover a lot of water to find fish, but thye were all above average for a river of that size, in my opinion. Anyway, between the two of us, we got four fish in nine hours across two days of fishing; but we lost about eight more (maybe I shouldn't always push my barbs down). Also saw several water snakes, heard a turkey, and saw a bald eagle. Anyway, I'd say it's worth checking out if you're in the area, but fishing pressure and low water might be hurting it right now.

FYI, the Cabelas in wheeling is very nice, if over-priced. Sorry, I'm not paying a dollar fifty for a woolly bugger of any kind. The lake at Oglebay was very dirty (I didn't even want to dirty my fly line in it), but my relatives caught some nice cats using bait, and buzz-baits along the shoreline in the evening seemed to work as well.