Hello again all, and let me thank each and everyone of you for any help or insight you may be able to give!!

Well, I have a problem. About a month ago, I let my 11 year old use my pontoon boat in a local farm pond we have access to. Now the problem was not getting her into it, it is in getting her OUT of it!!! She lovves the thing!! She seems to have a natural instinct for using it. So far, I have NEVER felt uncomfortable with her in it!

So I guess she now "owns" MY pontoon. I guess I am going to have to break down and get something else. The only water I have been fishing in with my ... er HER ... pontoon is in small to medium size farm ponds and small local lakes. I originally bought it for stream/river use but don't think I am going to be doing much of that.

Now I am looking at purcahsing a float tube for me to use while she is in the toon. I know, you are all going to try to tell me to buy another toon. Problem is that living in an small apartment I don't have a lot of room for another. This is one reason I am looking at a tube.

Another problem I have is with what to look for in a tube. I am on the larger side of the spectrum (6'1" and 265 lbs,) therefore having a tube that will support my ... tonage ... is of utmost importance.

I have been looking at the Trout Unlimited Kennebec, Togiac, and Bighorn tubes. I am wanting something that will be comfortable, and something that I can take out and spend an afternoon or even all day in. Having the capability to pack a sandwich and ships with 2 or 3 soda's would be nice too, or if nothing else maybe some space for a small ice chest. But if worst came to worst and all I could get into it was some bottled waters into the side pouches, well that would be okay.

So far all out there with any experience with these tube, please chime in! Also for all of you with tube experience, other than a GOOD PFD, good fins, and small anchor system, what else might I need or want for tubing? What should I look for in a tube as for as quality is concerned? How hard are tubes to use? Are they as nice and stable as my ... her ... pontoon?

Thanks for the help!!

Reg