As I get older, I can stand less and less time in the canoe. I have a Tube and use it but am limited in mobility with it. So I'm trying to decide if this spring I get a kayak or a Personal Pontoon. Both would alleviate the lower back problem I am experiencing with the canoe but I wonder which would be more useful ????

While I have spent some time in a kayak I have never been in a PP (personal pontoon). The added height of a toon would make fly casting easier but would also subject me to more effects of the wind, while the low position of the yak gets me out of the wind somewhat but puts me in a tougher position to "keepeth my backcast upeth". I have considered the oars/paddle also. With the PP all one has to do is drop the oars (assuming they are somehow affixed to the oarlocks) while in the yak, the paddle has to be stowed somehow to fish.
I am sure there are considerations that have not even crossed my mind but I am relying on the collective wisdom of the Bulletin Board to help me make my choice.

Comments???

Clint ( in the the land of the flat waters )