Well the heat wave left Minnesota a couple of days ago, left town in style, with rain clouds topping out at 60,000 feet (11 miles) altitude, and winds over 50 mph, and 2 inches of badly needed rain. Now with the Canadian Cold Front passing through, gets down in the 50's at night and up in the 80's during the day (almost late August temperatures).

This morning, went fly fishing at "Lost Lake", the lake they lost and when it was found and put back, they had built a road right through the middle of were it had been.

"Lost Lake" is a restricted lake, stocked so the kids can catch fish and keep them. Mostly good sized Sunfish and Crappies, stocked from other lakes that have winter kill.

Any how, was out on the fishing pier that the Lions Club build, really nice one, catching a releasing good size Crappies. Was testing some #12 Thunder Creek Minnows that I had tied up in most of the 15 patterns for that style of streamer. The Crappies seemed to like them all, with no set preferrence for any certain streamer pattern.

Next thing I know Mr. Police Office was there next to me, concerned I was fishing illegally. He thought that the lake could only be fished by kids. I showed him my fishing license and assured him that I was legal. Said only kids can keep the fish, but anyone with a fishing license can wet a line here.

I didn't get a ticket, but I told him "In most states were I have fished, the local authorities rarely bother fly anglers, cause it is a waste of their time. Found out he had never seen a fly angler fishing a lake until now. Thought we only fish streams for trout and salmon. Terrible to live in a state that is mostly baitcasters and spincasters, and Walleye is King.

Think I will tie some Thunder Creek Streamers big enough for Mr. Tiger Muskie. Just have to remember to wear my Kevlar Waders with the Stainless Steel Mesh
Longjohn's underneath. Never can be too careful when it comes to Mr. Tiger Muskie.

~ Parnelli
Chartered Member of "Friends of FAOL"!

Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool
Swam three little fishies and a mama fishie too
"Swim" said the mama fishie, "Swim if you can"
And they swam and they swam all over the dam

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 28 July 2005).]