+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had a talk with Mr. Police Officer, while fishing today!

Yes I too have had the F&G boys and girls, stop to check my license actually got a warning from a newbie 2 yrs ago didn't realize the that little card in my wallet means no license required to fish (disabled ID) but stopped by the office and he appologized,I told him it was not needed he wasn't sure and I wasn't going to challenge it. Very nice exchange got some neat info on a new place Nobody goes to.
    The people with the placards in the window often are using/ABUSING the ones for their spouse or family member. I can walk and do NOT have one hate the abusers of them.
    OOOHH btw the warden that wrote the warning is going fishing this weekend with me. He just got a new Sage 3 wt and wants to break it in on some gills. GREAT guy.

Earlier this summer Wrangler and I were out and up came an officer. I was thrilled and thanked him for showing up, for after all these years I had only been checked once. Never in the summer. So he asked to see my license and lo and behold I didn't have it on me. Looked everywhere. In my bag, where I usually keep it. In my wallet. All the pockets. Wrangler was stuffing a laugh so hard I thought he break his belt. Finally the officer took my driver's license and got on his palmtop to double check. He came back with a little printed license for me. "I didn't have to do this. Next time you'll need to have it with you." When we got home I found the license in the console of my pickup. That danged Wrangler has since made this one of his fishing "war" stories. JGW

+ Reply to Thread