Since I said I would tell you about my fishing adventures, I decided to share this one. I was down at a local park, where a small creek is. I used to walk around in it when I was little, but today it looked kind of nice. I went back home and grabbed a cheap 6 weight with small dry flies and other various things. I went down to the small creek, and right of the bat see a carp about 10 pounds in the crystal clear pool. I didnt catch him, o well I was working on technique here. On the second cast while drifting a small nymph through the clear pool, my line twitched and I noticed a bright flash in the middle of the pool. I set the hook, and land a small largemouth bass. Hmmmm I thought there werent any fish in here. A couple casts later, BAM the fish almost took the rod out of my hand. After a small battle and a couple jumps a bluegill about the size of my hand was relesed. I decided to keep trying this because I was now having fun, and I am actually catching fish on a fly rod in a river. The next cast lands me a big creek chub about 8 inches long that fought pretty good. A couple casts later, I think I got his brother. I continued to fish and practice for the most part picking up a fish here and there, but I now have found a spot where no one fishes, but I know there are a couple in there, and I got some good practice in. I think I will be trying some smallie fishing at the river pretty soon lets hope it goes better than last time.