Unfortunately we have a portion of the population that simply doesn't care. They've been "educated" and threatened for years with littering fines, etc. This morning on my walk my street was littered with broken beer bottles. Glass everywhere. We're a neighborhood of kids and bikes and live on a short street between two funeral homes in a small town of 1,500. A friend was popped for flipping a cigarette out the window. $183. I said good for them. She agreed she was stupid and said she'd never do it again. Good I said. Now get this: I'm a vp of a river advocasy group that has many events up and down the river. Our biggest volunteering effort is not in the planning, but rather the cleanup afterwards. And, folks, this is the choir! I've gone to trout accesses and to catfish accesses and found incredible messes at both. This is a sign, to me at least, that people either have no respect for pretty places or simply don't care. So what's dumping an aquarium full of apple snails? Nothing to some folks. JGW